Hydraulics is quite a lifesaver in our everyday life. We know a lot about them which is needed to know, but we actually do not give them the due importance. When the word hydraulic is used, we get pictures of heavy machineries and engineering works, like calibration of rail, its installation or the lifting the train and so on. But we forget that we use them in our day to day chores and see them around us. For instance, hexagonal hydraulic torque wrench are so common these days. They are used at construction sites and heavy machinery industries for lifting heavy materials and machines. They are rented for a certain time period till the work gets done and then returned. It definitely saves a lot of money because buying them for construction work, which is temporary, is not a good idea. In our daily lives, we see gasoline pumps which use the same system to draw fuel from the petrol tank and transfer it to the vehicle. The dishwashers in our houses use them for increasing the pressure of the water for better cleaning.
This mechanism is also used equipment, like forklift, pumps, cranes and harnesses. Even air planes use them for their control panels. Cars, elevators, office chairs, barber chairs, doors, fences, etc., all use the same mechanism. For instance, hydrostatic test pumps are widely used for plumbing works and systems, like water meters, pressure vessels, sprinkler systems etc. Whichever the equipment be, maintenance and safety measures should be taken care of for safe operations and cost efficiency.
Factors to be considered for choosing the right equipment
• Consider the amount of weight to be lifted usually between 50 to 1000 tonnes
• What is the object or material being lifted or pulled or dragged
• The location where lifting is being done whether indoor or out door
• Low cycle system or high cycle system
• How far it is being pushed or lifted
• Available space for operating the system
• The available supply of hydraulics
• Number of control points required
• Protection and control requirement for safety measures
• Tension and testing requirement
The right jacks and cylinders will help you complete the job efficiently and effectively. The wrong equipment will prove costly as well ruin the job at hand. The maintenance and service will also be an added cost. Operator’s safety will also be at stake, therefore it is very important to get the right equipment for the job at hand.