The sandstone flooring is actually the most elegant option among the natural floorings. They are known for being naturally glamorous and stylish. The sandstone floorings are even copied to create an artificial look alike. The colored options can be used to match your interiors in an impressive manner. The users at times face a number of challenges for it is difficult to alter their natural appearance for the sake of customization.
For those who want to add the sandstone tiles Melbourne it is important to keep an eye on both the pros and cons of the said. This helps them in reducing the chances of loss. Some of the most quoted pros and cons in this regard are as follows:
Sandstone Flooring Pros
There is a list of pros of the landscape rock Bundanoon. It is not just the look that inspires and impresses but the other important features to be included in the list of pros are as follows:
- There is no second thought about the natural beauty of this kind of flooring. The wide range of hues starting from the lightest shades of gray and white to the darkest ones like the charcoal are there in the sandstone flooring. It gives the feeling of walking on the natural paths even when they are fixed in the backyard of your home or along the pool side.
- Instead of worrying about the life of the wooden flooring or similar it is better to switch to the sandstone flooring. It is even stronger and sturdier than the flooring made with the slates and the granite. The life is longer if they are well maintained and continuously looked after.
- Sandstone has a unique appearance and it is all because of the natural look. They are not crafted in any industry or workshop. It is just an alteration of the natural look. The slabs are made after the sandstone undergoes quarrying. The slab is then transformed into smaller pieces. These pieces are then used to make the floors.
- The unique texture is really something impressive. The look is further enhanced by a process called gauging. The flooring gets smooth with this process, and so the flooring starts looking really impressive.
- Replacing the damaged sandstones is not a problem either. It is much easier than replacing other types of the floorings.
Sandstone Flooring Cons
With all the pros we cannot ignore the disadvantages or the cons too. The following are the weaker aspects of the sandstone flooring.
- It is porous flooring and so has the tendency to absorb more water and liquid as compared o others. The users can expect bacterial growth, molds etc.
- Don’t forget that it is a kind of soft rock and is not resistant to the scratches.
- There is a risk of slipping when the flooring gets wet.
- With the passage of time the weathering effect can be seen too.